Thursday, September 12, 2013

You Don't Know...

You don't know...

You don't know how important your life is, until you see your child's eyes filled with fear of losing you forever.

You don't know how nice a car is, until you lose the one you have.

You don't know how nice a bed is, until you have to pack yours up and appreciate sleeping on someone else's.

You don't know how important your family is, until you can't call your daddy to say... I'm scared.

You don't know how nice it feels to have someone to love, until you find yourself sleeping all alone.

You don't know how warm your house is, until you have no home to call your own.

You don't know how much you love your children, until you have to ask someone else to tell them you love them for you.

You don't know what you have, until its gone.

Three years have passed since I lost all of these things I took for granted. In a week I will give my children a new home, our home. I have my children, a job I love, a vehicle that runs, my family, and most of all I'm alive to enjoy my children's lives. I can protect them, provide for them, love them, and feel them. Thank you God for bringing me back home and giving me my smile back. I am so grateful for the life I have today. I don't have it all, I have so much more. It's not perfect, it's amazing.

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful thoughts Andrea, and such a beautiful smile. I'm so glad to have met you and thank-you so much for sharing your story. I know that God can make good things out of bad, He has done it for me too. God bless you and your children!

    ReplyDelete